Engineering Project Manager
About the company
Since 1948, Spillman has been designing and fabricating quality custom concrete forms that provide high productivity, dimensional stability, and long-term durability. Spillman’s number one priority is to satisfy our internal and external customers 100% of the time. We train, empower, and support our associates. We hold our suppliers to a high standard, making sure they meet our quality standards for use. Above all, we strive to have satisfied, repeat customers. We solve problems thoughtfully, we do what is right, we care about what we do, and we are committed to our craft.
About the position
Spillman is seeking an Engineering Project Manager who is strong in both strategic planning and developing tactical solutions. The ideal candidate is strong in both project management and sales, and is an experienced problem solver. This person will lead the operations team for custom manufacturing projects ranging from $10,000 to $850,000, and will supervise all aspects of these projects from initial scope definition to project completion. The Engineering Project Manager will ensure that Spillman provides structured, organized, and innovative results to our customers. The ideal candidate is an active self-starter with a sense of urgency, who is confident and passionate about delivering exceptional results to our customers.
Engineering Project Manager
- Coordinate the development of inputs needed to establish a proposal and cost estimates, and maintain the proposal, deadlines, and budget.
- Demonstrate familiarity with bills of material, production support, and resource allocation.
- Create preliminary designs for estimating purposes, followed by reviewing and approving all form designs before sending to the external customer for approval.
- Lead and motivate team to drive results for the business, including owning the professional development of direct reports: designer, detailer, and estimator.
- Collaborate with other members of the executive team to drive process efficiency and cost saving measures.
- Develop analytical models in Excel to drive innovative solutions and evaluate potential upside in the business.
- Creatively solve problems by interpreting the customers’ needs to better decide which product and approach are best for use.
- Work hand in hand with the sales team to ensure a smooth and flawless transaction for the customer.
KEY EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
The ideal candidate for the Engineering Project Manager position should be able to give examples of success in prior roles that demonstrate the following experiences, attributes, and technical skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required (degree in civil or mechanical engineering a plus).
- Professional Engineer preferred.
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Demonstrated success in leading small to medium-sized teams with diverse skills sets.
- Ability to quickly evaluate situations and personalities, and identify the best way to approach the problem and get the team motivated to solve it.
- Comfortable breaking down a process and problem solving for the missing pieces of information.
- Previous project management experience with supervisory oversight in manufacturing or construction.
- Experience in smaller, fast-paced businesses is preferred.
Attributes and Interpersonal Skills
- Exudes confidence, maintains composure, and is professional and polished in all interactions internally and externally.
- Experience owning business initiatives and driving a small team.
- Demonstrated success in managing and mentoring a team with diverse backgrounds and wide skillset in a manufacturing environment.
- Successful at building strong relationships with clients and teammates at all levels of an organization.
- Exudes a “go-getter” personality with the ability to analyze a situation quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to take an innovative approach to improve processes and procedures.
- Extremely organized and shows high attention to detail, including the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in following current business processes, while also identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Exercises appropriate judgment to make decisions, and efficiently organizes/prioritizes work.
- Experience solving complex problems independently and in a team setting.
- Strong verbal and written communication capabilities with any and all customers and team members.
- Experienced, analytical approach to problem-solving.
- Apply mathematical theories and techniques to develop a solution to a problem within the business.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite – experience with creating macros and pivot tables in Excel is required.
- SolidWorks or experience with other CAD software is preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn other systems or software as needed.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS / OTHER PERKS
At Spillman, our employees are our most important asset. We have many team members who have been with the company for 10+ years. We offer the following compensation and benefits for our associates:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
- Eligibility for merit-based salary increases, plus potential for incentive compensation.
- 401(k) with employer match and profit-sharing opportunities.
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays.
- Continued education assistance and professional development opportunities.
- Laid-back office space with casual dress code.
To apply for this position, please send resumé and cover letter to Ted Coons at firstname.lastname@example.org.